Will's Auto Repair - Serving Eugene, Oregon - Auto Repair, Car Breakdown, Diesel Repair, Engines, Transmissions, Brakes, AC & Heater Repair
- Have tire wear, fluid levels, and exterior lights checked regularly.
- We now use synthetic oils so perform oil changes every 5 months or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. This oil change interval has been increased in recent years.
- Perform cooling system services, transmission services, and rear differential services every 2 years or 30,000 miles, or as recommended by your service manual. In Eugene, these fluids take a real beating so be sure you change them!!
- Do not ignore your vehicle's warning lights; they light up for a reason. Warning lights signify the need for attention soon, or they may be to signify the need for immediate attention.
- A Check Engine light, often yellow in color, may signify a potential mechanical, electrical, or computer failure. Check Engine lights may be related to vehicle emissions, which can result in lowered gas mileage. Check Engine lights may or may not be accompanied by drivability problems such as sputtering, rough idle, or loss of power.
- An Oil, Brake, or Coolant light, red in color, may signify the need for immediate attention due to a low fluid level, or a mechanical or hydraulic failure in that system. These types of problems may be accompanied by symptoms such as an odd smell.
- Pay attention to what your vehicle tells you. Refer to your owner's manual or call Will's General Automotive Repair in Eugene for questions. This will help to ensure the safety and longevity of your vehicle.